As a Contact Sport, BEACH FIVES RUGBY is not to be confused with the other forms of Beach Rugby – namely Beach Touch and Beach Tag.
Its growth in popularity has been successfully built on a ‘WORD of MOUTH’ basis for more than 20 years. Indeed every year, new tournaments are developing all around the world. This is particularly the case in Europe where Italy, France, Belgium and Portugal are seen as the main driving forces behind the BEACHFIVES movement. Elsewhere developing Rugby countries like Holland, Germany, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia & Croatia are all demonstrating a keen interest in the sports future promotion. And not to be outdone, BEACHFIVES in the southern Hemisphere is taking hold in Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Tongo, Fiji, Hong Kong, USA, Argentina and Brazil.
Apart from The Lignano International Cup, herewith a selection of other European tournaments
- SPAIN, MAJORCA Beach Rugby, Majorca www.majorcabeachrugby.co.uk
- ITALY, BIBIONE, Venezia www.beachrugby.com
- SPAIN, BARCELONA BCN Beach Rugby www.bcnbeachrugby.com
- NETHERLANDS, AMELAND Beach 5s www.beachrugby.nl
- FRANCE, MARSEILLE Beach FIVES Rugby www.beach-rugby.com
- PORTUGAL, Figueira da Foz Beach Rugby www.figueirabeachrugby.com
- ITALY, SB5 LIGNANO SABBIADORO – SUPER BEACH 5’S RUGBY – (invitation only) www.beachrugby.eu
- CZECH REPUBLIC – Praga http://beach.rugby.cz